Friday 30 October 2015

Truly See Me!

I hope
one day
you will
truly
see
the real
me
on that day
you will
notice
my vulnerability
you will
see
the scars
reminders
of the
battle
I fought
just
to be
me
touch
these wounds
feel how
painful
they truly
are
try to
understand me
for
it is
not my
brokenness
that describes
me
nor my
dysfunctionality
sex
colour
status
mental health or
disability
which
classify
me
no,
it is
my
resilience
compassion
softness
kindness
sensitivity
for these
the things
which
truly
define
who
I choose
to be
so please
do not
pity me
label me
judge me
for can
you not
see
these
shadowy
parts
inside of me
are the very
same parts
you do not
want to see
for WE
are made
of the
same
stardust
blood
sweat
and
tears
so
connect
with me
then we
will
both be
free
from the
propaganda
of our
society
teaches us
too blind
to see
the more
I look
at you
from
my heart
the more
I see
that you
are very
much the
same
as me.

MM c2015

No comments:

Post a Comment