Tuesday 13 April 2010

As if...


I no longer hurt 
all pain has passed 
I knew it would

Those tears that I cried 
what are they worth
There’s no reason why
I sit here on my own
Why, what's so wrong 
with being alone?
Solitude, 
my favourite past time
Where no one can reach me
The moment 
I open my heart
Someone will 
just rip it apart
Bitter and twisted 
is not my style
Just need to be quiet 
for a while
What did I do that was so wrong?
I am only trying to be 
brave and strong
I don't know who 
I’m meant to be
This world is not apart of me
Angles protect my soul 
they swept over me
They gave me hope 
they set me free
All I ask from the world 
around me
That very world that has gone 
and bound me
The winds of my heart 
have been blown away
I've seen the face of another day
Silent and still 
I sit and I watch
Stop trying to hold on 
to all that I touch
It never meant 
that much to you
First time in my life 
I know what to do
MM ©2010

No comments:

Post a Comment