Tuesday 13 April 2010

A life


Given life that I tried to destroy
No respect for life
An unwanted joy
Hurt it and beat it
Caused misery and pain
Was useless and worthless
Drove me insane
Spent years punishing it
Misunderstanding why it’s mine
Resentful so envious
Other’s lives would just shine
So much darkness, anger
Banging head against wall
Struggled to reach the top
Slide back and fall
Full of blame, self pity
Playing the victim at most
My scars, I’d show you
Yet I don’t want to boast
Sat here in the corner
Alone in the night
Substance abuse to numb pain
Felt it’s my goddamn right
So it went for the longest time
Till one day I awoke
With my life all around me
A million pieces, broke
Enough of the hurting
Lonely painful existence
Decided to get real
Give myself this one last chance
So I pick up my torn life
Embraced it again
Sorted out what was mine
And just what was his shame
Got grateful, worthy
Learnt how to delight
Moved away from the darkness
And into the light
I’m alive!
Melissa © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment