Monday 28 November 2011

Domestic Bliss


Domestic bliss
Does not exist
No matter what they say.
The countless nights
I had to feel, the force
Of your fist against my jaw.
Broken ribcage
Five times, maybe more.
Green eyes, once shining
Have deaden.
My once attractive appearance
Has turned into bruises and marks
While scars are now imprinted
Upon my ivory skin.
Beauty,  now deformed.
Yet, I allow you to enter
As if, I begged for this all.
Sirens surrounding
Flashing blue lights
As I lay in a pool
Of my own blood.
Fading in and out
Of consciousness
I watch, as they take you
Away for sentencing.
How long can they
Keep you from me
The moment you escape
The long arm of the law.
You’ll return in a rage
To destroy me once more.
Once strong, I would hope to
Fight back, and to prove
That I have a choice.
Not to be so abused
But to stand up to you
With all of my might
And knock you right down.
For justice, my right.
To be free, from this
Domestic violence
No-one should endure.
What I need to face
Laid here on the floor
No honour or grace.
As the drag you away
The monster you are
The one who had just
Jumped on my head and
Smash in my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment