Monday 28 November 2011

Ring of fate!


Wandering around
the ring of my life
Started out weak
needing to be strong.
Rebuilt, every piece
of my shattered soul
The realisation
I was completely wrong.
Much fortune
stood in front of me
I almost reached out
I nearly touched it
Bright
shinning light
blinded me.
Losing control
bit by bit by bit.
Stumble around
in darkness for years.
A trick
played by my sightless fate.
All hope, and determination
burnt to ashes
My love had died
or turned to hate.
Abandonment
loneliness
left to dissolve.
No courage or
self-esteem
only pain
Pain that gnawed
at my heartless soul,
Walk into the fires of hell,
You’ll never escape again.
Floating down stream
drifting or drowning
Until another blow
forces me to halt.
Will I ever break
away from the blame?
Surely, this was not all my fault.
Ending
straight back
where we began.
Full circle
from start to end
How will I ever heal this heart?
will my brokenness ever mend?
 I think
I need to start again?
How many rounds
before
I am meant to be,
Maybe
I tried too hard,
Either way
I long to be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment