Friday 4 December 2015

Children’s Future



If our children’s
future is in my
hands then
I shall not be an
older generation
constantly
blaming the youth
I will refrain
from constant
 shouting
forced down
the self-fulfilling prophecy
I wore with
disgrace
as my failure
is too bitter
a pill
to shallow
I am
declining
a need to
denounce their
creativity as
just a waste of space
nor tell them
they are useless
with a slap
across the face
as it would be
a contradiction
if I were
to inject
my insecurities
inabilities
and
lack of success
thus dumping it
on a child’s
head whilst
blaming them
for my mess
for the chaos
my generation
created by
preventing
education
stealing away
health systems
removing
youth centres
restricting
development
no, it is
my responsibility
to protect not
project my
wounding onto
an innocent
child
as my
unresolved anger
is spilt
all over the
place
as I choke
on my own
disappointment
children need
affirmations
encouragement
understanding
love
and to be
treated with
grace


MM c2015

No comments:

Post a Comment