Wednesday 9 December 2015

Tip Toe Lightly


I know
you are going
through a
rough time
today
I realise that
things between
us are not
always okay
therefore
I will surrender
my false pride
as you face
life’s greatest
challenge
I want to
be here
by your side
if you
need respite
from your
disturbing
thoughts
the painful
reasoning of
the mind
not to see
how you suffer
would be
arrogantly
blind
to offer a
few hours
meeting for lunch
an afternoon
away from
your pain
window shopping
watch a new
movie
something to
make us
laugh again
we do not
even need the
chatter
we can sit
pulling funny
faces at each
other in
the rain
throw stones
into the lake
as we use to
anything to
help you
feel less blue
let my empathy
try understand
your sadness
as your
experiences
touches
my heart
at the very
least
know that you
are constantly
in my thoughts
even thought
we are
apart
remember that
I am only
one telephone
call away
we have email
social media
if you are too
distress to
say
what it is
you are feeling
as you battle
with life’s
truth
the circle of life
I am here
every moment
hour
second
night
and day.


MM c2015

No comments:

Post a Comment