Sunday 29 November 2015

Ancestry Sin!



Every time
an echo
of racism
is heard
within
want to
scream at
my forefathers
tired of
carrying their
sin
each
meeting
with a
new
being
a judgement
resides
deep
within
shocked
horrified
at the
measurement
created
due to
the colour
of their
skin
each weary
moment
fear
rattles
inside
my belly
cursing
those
wasted hours
believing the
propaganda
on the
telly
clutching my
handbag
more tightly
disillusion
recreated
thief
projected
onto the
young man
deeply instilled
brainwashed
misplaced
hatred
assumptions
formed inside
dogmatic
mind
he wears
his faith
as a weapon
attached to
himself
what
the
f**k
am I
blind?
he is
a child
believing in
God
yet
my eyes
reflect an
imagine
those
ingested
lies
poured into
my memory
a slipstream
of misguided
din
no longer
to carry
this ignorant
chatter
passed down
my ancestors’
sin
each time
a reactionary
voice
recreates
false
beliefs
boldly
challenging
them
recognise this
misplaced
fear
redirected
to the
source
my forefathers
may still
wear this
sin
well I
refused to
continue
this
blood line
as
their message
is wearing
thin.


MM C2015

No comments:

Post a Comment