Thursday 26 November 2015

Speak Louder

Speak Louder

Words
formulate
on the
edge
of these
nervously
coloured
red
lips
statements
all in
creative
shapes
ready
to jump
out
shout
loud
proudly
announcing
my individuality
imagination
running wild
only to
be
shut down
as an
irrelevant
unimportant
foolish
child
silence
children
should
seen
not
heard
invisible
shadows
reflections of
toxic shame
preventing
tiny voices
speaking out
harmonic
expression
collecting
on the
brink
on my
madness
sadness
low esteem
self-loathing
self-hate
wait
I wear
a collection
of an
external
submission
these are not
my wounds
or
scars
I carry them
protectively
for my
forefathers
of sin
where do they
end
where do I
begin
courage
to change
systematic
beliefs
outdates
narratives
immorality
depraved
wickedness
debauched
insecurities
misguided
fearfulness
a tiny voice
once spoke
whispered
an echo
created
a loud
sound
a voice
lost within
sang
a
collective
profound
lullaby
hidden
within
each inner
child
unify
as new world
has
began

MM c 2015














No comments:

Post a Comment