Thursday 26 November 2015

Confused Truth


Walking
on
eggshells
dodging
razor sharp
piecing
poisoned
criticisms
denouncing
every part
of my
existence
dancing
around your
insecurities
the parts
of
you
which you
insist on
spilling
all over
me
burning
tongue
swallowing
misplaced
anger
resides
within the
flesh
of these
open
wounds
salted tears
burn the
rawness
my
inner
turmoil
struggling
to grasp
what it
was I
did so
wrong
holding
the
blame for
your
disowned
shadow
twisting
turning
fabricated
untruthful
deflections
rejection
again
sensing that
this behaviour
means
that one
of us
must be
insane
pain
held within
every muscle
aches
souvenirs
misdirected
aggression
regression
at the
mention of
your name
esteem
knocked down
by supressed
rage
where can
I hide
this pride?
so you do
not steal it
again
tiptoed
wanderings
around your
self-righteous
indignation
bloody
footprints
reminders
memories
distorted
try
running away
no-where
to hide
ingested
idiosyncratic
characteristics
engraved
upon the
tombstone
of my
bruised
ego
soulless
bellowing
voices
bashing my
brain
carrying the
condemnation
denunciation
accusation
must be
me
who is
insane!


MM c 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment