Thursday 19 November 2015

Soldier’s War



An explosion
dust filled
mouth
blood tastes
sweeter
when disguised
with the
sand
of
time
SHOOT
a glance
gaze meets
child’s
frightened
perplexed
eyes
SHOOT
he
reminds me
of my
son
DO NOT
ASSUME
KILL
terrorist
split
second
my humanity
flashes before
my
war
torn
eyes
PULL TRIGGER
I watch
as an
array of
silver
bullets
rain
holes
into
small
body
falls
dust
DEATH
toys
boys
play with
toys
a vice
crushes
my mind
as the
blood
culling
cries
bounce against
my hollow
skull
isolation
try not
to bond
with fellow
platoon
collecting
body parts
remains less
disturbing
when
no name
is attached
to them
fearful
not of
death
but
surviving
this war
nightmares
pain
nightmares
insane
nightmares
rain is
falling
hide the
shame
hero to
zero
man into
beast
no medal
will remove
my utter
distaste
PTSD
ADDICTION
HOMELESSNESS
MENTAL HEALTH
REWARDS
big boys
do not
cry
lies
fabrication
lonely
separation
from
the man
I used
to
be
my son
how will
he ever
be proud
of
me

MM c 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment