Thursday 26 November 2015

Refugees!



“Any
spare
change
please”
choking
on my
remaining
pride
broken
English
disapproving
stares
sailing by
dare to
open up
my
big brown
eyes
blood
shot
gaze
shifts down
towards
the filthy
concert
ground
a penny
drops
hear a
tiny sound
of
Copper
“You can
not sit
here
sonny
begging
for money”
move along
moved
a long
way from
home
alone
ice cold
chill
crashes
against
these
bones
feel broken
shoes
without
any soles
holes
held together
with my
remaining
dignity
why do
they seem
so scared
of me
only a
child
colour of
my skin
wearing
thin
as I
listen
to their
distasteful
chatter
words
more
deadly
than
bullets
dodged
escaping
invisible
boundaries
fearless
running
knowingly
hoping
grass
will be
greener
on the
other
side
pavements
curb
crawling
obscene
memories
abusive
dreams
“Move along
sonny
you are
causing
a sense”
what does
he mean
pulled up
ouch
that hurts
marched away
in disgrace
mother
said
we would
be safer
when we
reached this
place
“Any
real
change
 please”
no not
for us
refugees.

MM c 2015

















No comments:

Post a Comment