Tuesday 24 November 2015

Darkness

Darkness
my friend
as I
hide
between
the sheets
of her
comfort
she arrives
unexpectedly
banging down
the door
bolted
cage
hidden
rage
she
silently
secretly
creeps
inside
my mind
as she
dances  
just
under my
skin
between
my flesh
and
bones
draining me
dry
why?
trying
not to
weep
cry
die
Darkness
the
uninvited
fiend
barges
in
surprisingly
invasive
unpredictable
gloom
sliding down
my spinelessness
cannot
resist
her blackened
erratic
charm
encompassed
surrounded
embraced
shame
disgrace
surely
this is
all in your
head
as I
appear not
to be
broken
from the
outside
inside
me
is a
Darkness
she will
never
let me be
overly familiar
an unwanted
part
of me
Darkness
she
has
many a
name
depression
mental health
bipolar
mania
psycho
schizophrenia
crazy
nuts
pain,
pain,
pain
that is
the
only name
I hold
for
Darkness
she
is my
friend
spend more
time
months
years
lifetime
sat in
a corner
with
darkness
she is
my fiend.


MM c 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment