Friday 17 June 2011

Aimless existence

I am the living dead
Aimless existence, my days
Fight endlessly for another lost cause
Sudden realisation, none of its’ yours
Running through my fingers, dust of my soul
I stare motionless, frozen
Fragile, so precious, until it’s lost
The realisation, how much it cost
I never gasped the chance
To use my gifts to their full extent
Youth is wasted on the youth
My youth is over, but I haven’t began
Self-pity, self-hatred still remains
Left with entire regret
Punished for trying to be me
Why could they not let me be?
Don’t feel like talking no more
Shall not leave the house today
Unexposed feelings I hide
Overcome, by what eats me up inside
Stay hidden, don’t come out to play
If I had to face another blow
Can’t be responsible for how I may react
All kinds of trouble, I’m bound to attract
Where are the answers to the question I hold?
Why are my reasons no longer true?
Must have been asleep, when it turned black
What do I need to do to get my life back?
Already passed the anger, the hurt, the pain
Skipped it all and went straight to destroy
Laying broken, in a million pieces on the floor
In the distance, I think I can see the door
Feel so shattered, incapable of feeling whole
There is nothing you can do to save me
Dissolve and turn into liquid blue
Tell them I’m sorry, there was nothing you could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment