Friday 17 June 2011

Still Alive....?


Still alive, feeling joyous
Never felt this alive, true to me
Letting go of a past so horrid
Time I allowed myself to be
Looking inside for truth
My innocence stolen at a young age
What change of stating over again?
Trying to move onto the next stage
I felt so alone, all the time, everyday
Abusing my mind, unable to hide
Denying the truth all the time
Numbing the blood curdling pain inside
Time awaits, neither for me, nor you
Running sand in hour glass
Keep a close guard all the time
Moves so quick, runs so fast
Regrets carried to the grave
Forever lost must now be saved
If I wallow in this painful state
I’ll end up bitter, and full of hate
Did what I had to do, to survive
Each day passed, wanted to feel alive
Nothing felt perfect, nothing quite right
Still so empty, sleeping alone at night
Learnt to enjoy it, like who I see
I’ve hurt no-one, except for me
This world surrounds me, I’ll clearly be
The mountains that melt into the sea

No comments:

Post a Comment