Friday 17 June 2011

A hunger deep inside

A hunger deep inside keeps burning

Trying to satisfy my need

To be heard, understood

Reach out, steal your heart

Ripe it out of your chest, it’s mine

A taste for life, one too many times

Now this appetite for destruction is all I own

Oblivion is so wonderful

Drifting out of my body onto a higher plane

That’s what motivates me, gets me out of bed

You asked me for truth, but what is truth

Dig a hole big enough and you’ll bury yourself alive

Too many questions are been created

The same answers resonate outwards

When I die, where will I go?

Will I go straight to hell?

I have no fear that remains

Age has created stability, security and self control

Denial, false sense of security

I see straight through you, transparent

I seek out your weakness, you do possess one

Shall I play, control you completely, for a laugh

I’m in a state of confusion, I wrote it all down

My weakness once found became my strength

Existing on another plateau since I saw the light

A flash of white light and my life appeared before me

Insightfulness from standing on that mountain top

No matter how I try, I struggle to feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment