Wednesday 21 July 2010

Foolish things


Of all the foolish things to do,
To go and fall in love with you!
Yet I’ve heard what you had to say,
Still I went and gave my heart away.
This time I guess I’m truly blue,
There will be no getting over you.
For once I thought I'd found a love that's real,
But I am left so alone, so tell me how you feel.
I thought I'd found myself a dream,
You didn't have to be so cruel, obscene.
I thought I might have meant a little more,
Now I wonder who I am crying for.
My nights will be forever long and cold,
I thought you were someone I'd want to hold.
I'll never see the sunshine in the blue sky,
Right now I just wish that I would die.
There is no meaning for me right now,
But you will move along and so will I somehow,
There is this pain that cuts right to the bone,
Why did you have to leave me here so alone?
I thought you were the only one for me,
But I was so blinded by you, I could not see.
I looked into your lines, analysed your every word,
I forgot to read between the lines, how absurd.
This time I'll bleed more that any other time,
I have wished, hoped that you'd remain mine.
To think I wanted to give you my heart,
I fall to pieces, when we are apart.
You didn’t even offer any sympathy,
Just told me to let it rest, let it be.
Did none of this mean anything at all?
I'll see you smile, you watch me fall.
I've been used before but I was strong,
By using me, you’ve done me wrong.
I’ll never love again for years,
I'll sit here, weeping buckets of tears.
If you ever pass this way once again,
Please stop by, seeing you will ease the pain.
If you ever want me you know where I will be,
I’m waiting for you, to return to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment