Wednesday 21 July 2010

SUMMERTIME BLUE

How could you do this to me?
Break me shake me destroy me
If you wanted to be set free
All you had to do was ask.
What gave you the right to play with my heart?
Why did I let you tear me apart?
I guess it was over right at the start
So why do I find myself crying
I hope this has giving you great joy
Playing with my soul as if it were a toy
You were meant to be my man not a spiteful boy
Another lesson learnt, another sad farewell
As I pick up the pieces and head for the door
Broken at the fact you don't love me no more
Forgotten what it was I was fighting for
One day it will be your turn
It's better to have loved and lost
Does it matter at what cost
I have been used and I have been tossed
By the side of your life
I was blinded by your light
You shone so bright you stole my sight
At last I can sleep alone at night
Not waiting for you to come home
Over, over it's the end
You say you want to remain my friend
My bleeding heart will never mean
So leave me to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment