Thursday 29 July 2010

Sweetest love?

How could you just depart
not ever a farewell kiss
My salty tears taste divine 
as they roll onto my lips.
Shaking in my hands 
the last words 
you scribbled down
The words melt,
leaving tear stained marks
as I tear your note into strips.
I've read these lines a million times
 wrote them 
two million before
But returning is not in the bargain

I've been deserted again!
When we met 
I knew it was not forever
why did you leave so soon
I thought 
maybe you'd have been different
not another role
another game.
What do I do 
with the letters you wrote 
do I throw them away.
Do I read them 
till well revised
then burn my heart instead?
Then there is your ghost 
it haunts me
every night
every day
Even if it abandoned me
that won’t work
you live inside my head.
Who'll replace
the kisses you gave
who will hold me 
when I am so alone
What will I do 
with the space beside me
the empty space in my room?
How can I replace 
the lover you were 
you loved me so well
The guilt will never leave me
of what I destroyed 
inside my womb.
No sweet love 
I won't forget you
not until you’re dying day
 I will learn 
to live without you
right now 
that's all I can do
Every time 
you see the sun set
 every time 
you smell the rain
May they all remind you
this love for you
was always true.
Remain with me
if only in my thoughts
 there you will always stay
I will not scare 
when your spirit moves over me
it will be my delight
We will always be together 
inside my heart
 my soul
 my head
You will forever love me,
if only in my dreams
as I lay tonight
inside your bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment