Thursday 29 July 2010

WITHOUT YOU I’M STILL ALIVE


It’s not my lonely soul that bothers me
Nor my breaking heart, 
nor the reasons for my sadness,
In fact
I am not worried about my lonely self.
I just am wondering, 
why you chose to keep me, 
on a shelf.
I can live without seeing you 
every day,
At night, I can survive, 
without you tenderness.
In fact, I can be content 
here on my own,
I just can't understand, 
why you want to be alone.
I can get by without hearing 
your tender voice,
You don't have to speak to me 
every single day,
I can listen to the birds 
outside instead,
I just can't seem to get you 
out of my head.
I don't need you to get though, 
every passing hour
Nor do I sit here, 
and watch this life pass me by,
I really don't want you
 to help me survive,
It's just without you
I find it hard to feel alive.
You don't have to hang around 
just to please me,
I'll just carry on with my life 
as I did before,
And I can find happiness 
somewhere else that's true,
But right now I find it 
difficult to be without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment